Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, September 09, 2024

Day 251 Bible Readings – 2 Corinthians 10: 4-6 (ESV)

Isaiah 17-19, 2 Corinthians 10, Psalm 130

2 Corinthians 10: 4-6 (ESV)

“For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, being ready to punish every disobedience, when your obedience is complete.”

Verses 4 through 6 from 2 Corinthians 10 shows Paul reminding the Church of Corinth that we are always in a spiritual battle, and that we always have help from God. God gives us power to destroy the strongholds in our mind, which are the thoughts and perceptions that are against God or that tell us that God is not real. God helps to us to destroy the arguments and opinions that we have, by examining them and realizing that they are false. When we give us these false thoughts and perceptions, what will be left is only those thoughts that are obedient to God. When we find these strongholds within our mind, we must discipline our minds and repent for having these thoughts. When we have repented, our obedience to God will be complete.

I know for myself that I often forget that the hardest spiritual battle in my life is the one with my own mind. I fight with my own doubts about God – doubts that he hears me, doubts that my prayers will be answered, doubts about faith that I have, doubts about everything in my life. The battle is daily, sometime hourly if I am in a particularly difficult season in my life. The only way I am able to win my spiritual battle is because I have help from the Holy Spirit. I know I cannot do it on my own. I’ve tried, but the doubts are strong and indeed like mighty fortresses that seem to rebuild themselves as soon as they are taken down. But with God’s help, I have the strength to combat my own doubts and win the daily battle with my mind.

No comments: