Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, September 22, 2024

Day 264 Bible Readings – Galatians 6: 9-10 (ESV)

Isaiah 49-51, Galatians 6, Psalm 139: 17-24

Galatians 6: 9-10 (ESV)

“And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.”

Verses 9 through 10 from Galatians 6 spoke to me today. I know that it is so easy to grow weary of always doing and being good, and never feel like we are rewarded. Then we see those who aren’t doing good or cheating and they seem to be rewarded, and we get discouraged. Paul tells not to grow weary, because the promise of God tells us we will be rewarded if we do not give up. One thing I’ve found when I become discouraged by life, is to do volunteer work for a cause you like or for your church. When I am doing something good for those less fortunate than myself or doing something good for the environment, I feel good. The work takes me outside of myself and lets me forget my troubles because I am devoting my mind and efforts to a worthy cause.

But above all else, do not give up on God. Waiting is a test of one’s faith, a test of how much we truly believe in God’s promises. But if we look to the stories in the Bible, we know that God always fulfills on his promise in his time. But that is the key; it’s God’s timeline not ours. But God will not fail us. He didn’t fail the people in the Bible, and he won’t fail us either.

No comments: