Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, May 07, 2024

Day 126 Bible Reading - John 5: 2-9 (ESV)

Judges 4 & 5, John 4: 43-54, John 5: 1-15, Psalm 71: 1-8

John 5: 2-9 (ESV)

“Now there is in Jerusalem by the Sheep Gate a pool, in Aramaic called Bethesda, which has five roofed colonnades. In these lay a multitude of invalids—blind, lame, and paralyzed. One man was there who had been an invalid for thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him lying there and knew that he had already been there a long time, he said to him, “Do you want to be healed?” The sick man answered him, “Sir, I have no one to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up, and while I am going another steps down before me.” Jesus said to him, “Get up, take up your bed, and walk.” And at once the man was healed, and he took up his bed and walked.”

I love the way The Chosen TV series dramatized verses 2 through 9 from John 5. They added extra dialogue, but the essence of the scene is the same. The actor who played the paralyzed man did such a great job portraying the agony of someone who had been lying at the pool for that length of time. The makeup people did such a great job on the actor as well. The paralyzed man looked dirty and totally looked like he hadn’t taken a bath in years. When I watch the scene, I can almost smell the stink coming from the paralyzed man. They also portrayed John writing this healing scene down in his journal which was a nice touch.

When Jesus healed the paralyzed man at the pool, I loved his reaction. His spontaneous and almost hysterical laughter and tears of joy felt so real. The depiction of Christ healing someone through a person’s faith in him was depicted so well. When I feel the love of Christ in my heart, I almost get the same type of reaction. I’m not hysterical with laughter, but I feel tears and joy at the same time radiating throughout my body.

Enjoy the scene!

No comments: