Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Saturday, May 11, 2024

Day 130 Bible Reading - John 6: 25-27 (ESV)

Judges 10 & 11, John 6: 25-59, Psalm 73: 1-14

John 6: 25-27 (ESV)

“When they found him on the other side of the sea, they said to him, “Rabbi, when did you come here?” Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, you are seeking me, not because you saw signs, but because you ate your fill of the loaves. Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you. For on him God the Father has set his seal.”

Verses 25 through 27 from John 6 stood out to me because instead of answering the crowd’s question, Jesus told them why they were seeking him. It made me wonder if this is the thought that God has when we pray for him to grant us things? Do we want a God who only gives us constant miracles? Or do we want more?  Jesus tells us that we need to want more than miracles because miracles only last for so long, which is true.  We ask God for a miracle and it happens, and then we need more miracles because the miracle we asked for didn’t last or was only for a specific thing.

Jesus tells us we need to ask God for “food that endures to eternal life” which is only through faith in him.  Jesus tells us we need more than the miracle for material things. We need miracles that bring us spiritual fulfillment and eternal life. But it’s hard because we live in a physical and material world, and sometimes we need miracles just to get by. Or do we? Would spiritual fulfillment solve everything in our life? To be honest I don’t know. I don’t think I have spiritual fulfillment. I have belief in God, but spiritual fulfillment. What does that even mean. For me, it’s all baby steps right now. I want to strengthen my faith in God, so I can quiet the constant doubts in my head for at least a little while. I’m not sure I can quiet them forever, because doubt seems part of the human being package of living. But it would be nice to have more than a few minutes of a doubt free mind.

No comments: