Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, May 30, 2024

Day 149 Bible Readings - 1 Samuel 24: 5-7 (ESV)

1 Samuel 24 & 25, John 18: 25-40, Psalm 81: 8-16

1 Samuel 24: 5-7 (ESV)

“And afterward David's heart struck him, because he had cut off a corner of Saul's robe. He said to his men, “The Lord forbid that I should do this thing to my lord, the Lord's anointed, to put out my hand against him, seeing he is the Lord's anointed.” So David persuaded his men with these words and did not permit them to attack Saul. And Saul rose up and left the cave and went on his way.”

Verses 5 through 7 from 1 Samuel 24 resonated with me today. Samuel said that God had chosen David because he knew his heart, and these verses prove it. David had the opportunity to kill Saul, but he did not. He didn’t have the heart to kill someone whom God had anointed, even though Saul wanted him dead.

I don’t know if I could have stopped myself from killing someone who wanted to kill me, if I knew that God had favored them. I’ve never been in that situation. I have a hard time right now forgiving friends and family who aren’t awake and don’t vote the same way I do. My life is not threatened in anyway, but I’m having a hard time forgiving people who don’t think the same way politically that I do. I pray to God every day to help me have forgiveness in my heart for people who don’t vote the same way I do. But God knows I’m a work in progress on this issue, so when I read what David was able to do I was in awe. David truly deserved to be chosen by God as king for the goodness of his heart.

No comments: