Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, May 17, 2024

Day 136 Bible Reading - John 9: 1-3 (ESV)

Ruth 1 & 2, John 9: 1-34, Psalm 76

John 9: 1-3 (ESV)

” As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” Jesus answered, “It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him.”

Verses 1 through 3 from John 9 shows us how Jesus views bad events that happen in our lives. Christ says God uses these events to do his work and further his plan on earth. We must always view what can seem like bad events to have a purpose in God’s plan. We might not know what the plan is right away, and it could take years for us to even glean what the purpose was for the event. But we need to have faith in God that this bad event will be used in some way to further this plan. I think if we can hold a positive or perhaps a neutral view of the event, then we will be able to see how God uses the event.

I know for myself that if I look back at how I got to a particularly good place in my life, I can sometimes trace it back to an event that seemed at first to be not very good in my life. If I look at the events that happened after that particular not so great event, I can see in retrospect that it did lead on a certain trajectory and that path turned out to be a fulfilling path for my life. Did I have this thought at the time? No way! But I remember trying to keep at least a neutral attitude towards the event and saying to myself, “this might be the best thing that ever happened to me.” I didn’t say it was going to be the best thing, but I said “it might be the best thing”. And I was right although it took many years to see it that way. What I try to say now whenever a perceived “bad event” happens to me is, “this event may be something that God will use to further his plan for my life.”

No comments: