Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, May 27, 2024

Day 146 Bible Reading - John 16: 33 (ESV)

1 Samuel 17: 38-58, 1 Samuel 18, John 16, Psalm 30: 1-7

John 16: 33 (ESV)

“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

Verse 33 from John 16 shows Jesus telling his disciples that they can find peace in him, and that in the world they will have tribulation. Jesus promises us peace if we believe in him, but he never promised that our life would be without problems. I know that as a follower of Christ, I often like to think that the Holy Spirit guides me so I don’t have problems. I do think that is true, but that doesn’t mean I won’t have problems. But from what I’ve seen of problems and how I have handled them, I know that God will always use my problems to strengthen my faith in him.

The last line of Verse 33 is where Jesus says that we if look at him, we can be inspired by how he overcame sin by dying on the cross. So even if we do have problems, we must believe that Christ will help us to solve our problems and bring us closer to him. God has a plan for our lives, for good times and bad times. If we believe this, then we will have peace no matter what is happening in our lives. This peace is the freedom that a belief in Christ brings to his followers.

No comments: