Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, May 23, 2024

Day 142 Bible Reading - John 12: 44-46 (ESV)

1 Samuel 10-11, John 12: 27-50, John 13: 1-17

John 12: 44-46 (ESV)

“And Jesus cried out and said, “Whoever believes in me, believes not in me but in him who sent me. And whoever sees me sees him who sent me. I have come into the world as light, so that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness.”

I love verses 44 through 46 from John 12 where Jesus talks about his unity with God the father. For me, God and Christ are one and the same, so I use the words Christ and God interchangeably. I’m not sure all people who believe in Christ do this, but I do. For me, Jesus Christ and God are one. I also believe that my belief in Christ brings light to my world. I know that without my belief in God, my world would be a very dark and fearful place.

In the bible commentaries I read on John 12, these words were the last words Jesus said to public before he was arrested. I believe Jesus wanted to tell his followers and the public what he needed us to remember about him. That he was one with God and that he came into the world to bring to our darkness.

No comments: