Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, May 08, 2024

Day 127 Bible Reading - Judges 6: 14-16 (ESV)

Judges 6, Judges 7: 1-8, John 5: 16-30, Psalm 71: 9-18

Judges 6: 14-16 (ESV)

“And the Lord turned to him and said, “Go in this might of yours and save Israel from the hand of Midian; do not I send you?” And he said to him, “Please, Lord, how can I save Israel? Behold, my clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father's house.” And the Lord said to him, “But I will be with you, and you shall strike the Midianites as one man.”

Verses 14 through 16 from Judges 6 shows how Gideon, who was being called by God, reacted to God asking him to serve. Gideon was surprised and probably shocked because he wasn’t a warrior or a soldier, and his family was weak. But God often picks people to do his will who might not necessarily fit the job description of what he is asking, but who in their heart are obedient to God and will do his will gladly. And yes, Gideon was right he couldn’t save Israel by himself but what he didn’t take into account was that God would be with him the whole time. God would give him the strength and tell him what to say and do. If God is with us, we can do whatever he asks.

I know for myself; I often forget that when God asks me to do something I often think why me? I don’t have the skills or education to do what God is asking. But I always find if I just submit to God and do whatever he is asking, I can do the task. And the only reason I can do the task is because God is with me the whole time and guiding me and telling me what to do. I think if I can just quiet the fear inside of myself like Gideon and trust in God,  then God will be able to use me more to fulfill his will for whatever his plan is for my life.

No comments: