Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, May 26, 2024

Day 145 Bible Reading - 1 Samuel 16: 7(ESV)

1 Samuel 16, 1 Samuel 17: 1-37, John 15, Psalm 79

1 Samuel 16: 7(ESV)

“But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

Verse 7 from 1 Samuel 16 stood out to me today. I love that God told Samuel what he looks for in people and that he doesn’t see what people see. People look at a person’s outward appearance to judge what is in their heart and the kind of person they are inside. One bible commentary I read said the outward appearance of a person is an idolatry that is widely practiced.

God is different. God can look into the secrets of a person’s heart. When we are unsure about someone, we must pray to God to give us advice on whether to let this person into our lives because God can see into their heart. I also like that it doesn’t matter to God what you look like or what you appear to be on the outside. God only sees what is in our heart and will choose someone who has a heart for God. God will use those who love him and obey him in their heart. So anyone can be chosen by God as long as their heart is for God.

No comments: