Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, May 19, 2024

Day 138 Bible Reading - John 10: 27-29 (ESV)

1  Samuel 1, 1 Samuel 2: 1-26, John 10: 22-42, Psalm 77: 10-20

John 10: 27-29 (ESV)

“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.  My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.”

Verses 27 through 29 from John 10 shows Christ talking about his followers and the promises, blessings, and benefits to anyone who follows him. Christ is a good shepherd, and he knows his sheep. Christ knows us better than we even know ourselves. He cares for us, guides us, and makes sure we live good lives. And through his resurrection, Christ promises us eternal life with him where we will never perish. Christ also promises that we will not be snatched from him. We are safe with Christ, and since Jesus and God are one, we are in hands of the one who created the world.

Christ as the good shepherd is a wonderful metaphor to remember whenever we perhaps think God doesn’t look after us. Christ always look after his sheep, and he sees many things we might not see with out limited point of view. What we may think is the worst thing that has ever happened to us, turns out to be the best thing because God is always guiding us in our life.

No comments: