Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Day 148 Bible Readings - John 18: 8-9 (ESV)

1 Samuel 21-23, John 18: 1-24, Psalm 81: 1-7

John 18: 8-9 (ESV)

“Jesus answered, “I told you that I am he. So, if you seek me, let these men go.” This was to fulfill the word that he had spoken: “Of those whom you gave me I have lost not one.”

Verses 8 through 9 from John 18 shows how much care Jesus had for his disciples. Christ didn’t fight his arrest. If Jesus did fight his arrest, harm would have come to his disciples which was unacceptable to him because he promised God that would take care of the people who come to believe in him. One Bible commentary noted that Jesus at this point self-sacrificed himself to the guards. Christ willingly surrendered himself to the guards and asked that no harm come to his followers.

These verses remind that Jesus will always protest those whom he loves. If Jesus was willing to protect his disciples, we can be assured that Jesus will protect us as his followers. Jesus gave up his life and took on the sins of the world. He became the sacrificial lamb so we would be free of sin.

No comments: