Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, October 15, 2002

God, I hate being on a budget! I think I detest being on a budget, as much as I detest being on a diet! I hate not being able to buy whatever I want. I hate having to put things off, like getting a new pair of glasses and sun clip-ons, because I'm afraid I'll be unemployed by the end of the year. I hate not being able to eat as much ice cream as I want, or not drinking as much as beer as I want, or freaking out because I ate too many chips and guacamole dip at a party.

I mean, I have the money to spend $200 on a new pair of glasses, but it feels like such a luxury in this bad economy. There's nothing wrong with the pair of glasses I bought in 2000, after all. I'm just bored as hell with them.

Maybe it's my parents' fault, I'm having a hissy fit right now. They totally indulged me when I was growing up, and yes, okay, I am somewhat spoiled materially, but that's not my fault. I can't help it that I have expensive tastes, that I have this gift for only liking the most expensive thing in any store or the thing that's going to cost a ton of money. I only really look good in certain styles and things, and those styles and things, are always very expensive.

Okay, I know I'm whining big time here, but maybe trying to diet with food and money is not the best thing in the world to do. You can do one or other, but not both. I am so stressed. All I want to do is eat Ben and Jerry's ice cream and chocolate sauce.

No comments: