Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, October 06, 2002

I wrote the following as a note to my writing group, but I'll post it here as well.

1. I met with my screenwriting teacher tonight to talk about writing the second draft of my screenplay. She suggested that I enter my screenplay into the American Screenwriters Association/Writers Digest International Screenplay Competition October 31, 2002 (late). Julie O said it would be a good date deadline to work towards. And OH MY GOD, I think I'm going to do it! It's $55 to enter ($50 plus $5 later fee). What the hell, right? It'll be done and off my desk, and I can get on with my other writing projects, since I don't consider myself a "real screenwriter". Julie O said I'd be ready to enter with the second draft of my screenplay, which is radically different from the first.

2. I entered the National Novel Writing month contest again, where you write 50K words in the month of November. I entered under my pen name, S Brenda S. I'm calling my novel "Wallowing in the Dark".

Oh my living lord!!! I'm going to be busy writing these next two months.

Anyone care to do NANOWRIMO with me? Check the site, National Novel Writing Month. It's a blast, and really good training on how to just get through that tough first draft. Last year's competition helped me finish my screenplay.

Now with the screenwriting contest thing I'm doing, I think I'm going to go through a crash course in rewriting and polishing, and scary thought, "the real art of writing as a craft". I never thought I'd be at this point so soon. Maybe I'm not even there yet, and it's another one to two years away, but I guess I'll find out with the process of writing second draft of my screnplay, which I've renamed to "Going Home Again".

Wish me luck!

No comments: