Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, October 03, 2002

Good news in the weight loss department! I stepped on the scale and I was 159 pounds! YEAH!! I thought I was plateauing and going to be stuck in the low 160's for awhile.

I did something which in my mind was counter-intuitive, but which in my gut made sense. I didn't try to decrease my calorie count. I'm supposed to be eating 1,1479 calories a day, and I've tried to eat exactly that amount. But I've also been doing a couple of new things too.

1) I'm back to exercising for 40 minutes at night, and my pedometer says I walk an equivalent of 2+ miles plus in that time period.

2) I'm taking probiotics. "A probiotic is an organism that contributes to the health and balance of the intestinal tract; also referred to as the "friendly", "beneficial", or "good" bacteria which when ingested acts to maintain a healthy intestinal tract and help fight illness and disease." I was listening to a exercise show on the radio on Saturday morning, and the host said that if you're property digesting your food, you'll never lose weight. Proper digestion insures you get the maximum nutrition of all the food you're eating. The host suggested taking probiotics to insure proper digestion.

So I don't know what's really helping at this point. I'm just glad that whatever I'm doing, it's working, and maybe that's all that really matters.

No comments: