Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, October 09, 2002

I finished the 60 beat structure for my revised screenplay last night. I don't know why I'm even doing this. Thinking cinematically is so difficult for me. I can't help but feel I'm writing the next Lifetime TV movie of the week. My old acting teacher told me that my script was so TV like. Grrrrrr!!!

The only good thing right now about entering the screenwriting contest is I'll be done with it. That's what my screenwriting teacher said. When you send it out, you can consider the screenplay complete and finished and you're free to move on to your next project.

My screenwriting teacher told me it takes a writer three scripts to learn the craft of screenwriting. If your of college age, you have to write 10 scripts before you figure it out all out. This is only my first script. If folk wisdom holds true, this script is just a teaching vehicle and nothing more. Why oh why would my screenwriting teacher tell me that I should start entering contests? Shouldn't I wait till I'm on my fourth script, so I have a chance at least to compete? Why would you submit your first screenplay to a contest?

None of this makes any sense to me, and the only reason I'm doing this is just so I move on to my next project.

I do like my new beat structure. It's much tighter than my first screenplay, but I don't know. Would anyone pay movie to see this? I would fork over $9 to see this movie, but I'm the author, I have to see it.

No comments: