Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, October 04, 2002

I think I'm going through a paradigm shift with weight.

"Think of a Paradigm Shift as a change from one way of thinking to another. It's a revolution, a transformation, a sort of metamorphosis. It just does not happen, but rather it is driven by agents of change."

I heard in a seminar that you can't dispprove a negative, you can't prove you're not something. When you do, you will always fail. I'm wondering if saying you're on maintenance is like saying you're trying to prove you're not a certain weight. Perhaps it's more useful to think of maintenance as proving you are the weight you are? There's something here. I just can't express it. I know it makes a difference and will decide for me, and maybe not for anyone else, whether I succeed or fail.

No comments: