Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, October 13, 2002

No Mr. Welsh from Trainspotting unfortunately. The bar was filled to the capacity when we got there, and there was a line going down the block to get in. It was definitely poor planning on our part, but who knew he would get that kind of crowd. We ended up at some bar, where you could buy beers for $3 and well drinks for $2.50. It was my kind of bar; dark, small and the drinks were cheap.

My Tibetan Energy Yoga class was cancelled as well, which bummed me out. To make up for this loss I signed up for another seminar in November, with the man I learned tibetan yoga techniques back in May. His office recommended I attend a companion seminar being held on the previous day with Russell Targ, who wrote Miracles of the Mind. So I signed up for that one as well.

The blue angels were buzzing around yesterday afternoon for Fleet Week, so I got up on my roof and watched them. They fly with so much precision and speed, so they are very cool to watch. I remember watching them as a child, so I'm amazed that the program is still around. They were flying so low, you could see the numbers on the bottom of their planes.

I feel better today. I made myself sleep alot, which always helps my mood because then I dream weird dreams. I think longer periods of sleep help my subconsicous work itself out in dreams. I've gone back to my half hour ritual of praying and meditation again. Last week I was so stressed out about the broken fridge and my screenplay outline, that I stopped. Quieting my mind by prayer and meditation relaxes me and helps to get rid of stress.

My writing group is having a bbq at a member's house this afternoon. It's a sunny day, and it will be fun. My writing friend and her husband just bought the house last year, and although it's in Oakland and not SF, at least they've got a place they can call their own. I prefer not to live anywhere else in the SF Bay area except in the city and county of San Francisco, but with housing prices the way they are here, it's hard to be that picky when you're buying a place.

No comments: