Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, October 14, 2002

The terrorist attack in Bali makes me so sad. I spent a month in Bali about 12 years ago, and it is a beautiful island. I think I even remember where the Sari club is on Kuta Beach, since I spent two weeks at a resort there. The people in Bali are so religious; making offerings to their gods about three times a day. Bali was such a safe place to be. When I was there, there was no violent crime to speak of.

Now it seems that's all changed, and I feel most of all sorry for the Indonesian people and what the attack will do to their already faltering economy. Bali was a big destination for Australian tourists, and many students went to Bali on for their breaks.

I wonder what the people who said that America was to blame for the 9/11 attacks will say now? Are the Indonesians to blame? The Aussies? I wonder if those people who blamed US foreign policy for 9/11 are now ashamed for saying what they said?

No comments: