Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, October 23, 2002

An unproductive night. The world series is such a distraction. I think I burnt myself out on writing last night, and I guess I needed to take a break. 13 scenes in a night is a lot. I upped my schedule and was pushing for a Thursday night finish, but perhaps this was way to aggressive. I have bible class tomorrow night, and I'm usually burn out afterwards. I originally wanted to finish my screenplay by Sunday, so I'm really still on track.

The game tonight was tense. The Angels play really great ball. Most clubs seem to rely on the homeruns, but not Anaheim. They seem to play baseball the old fashioned way; base hits and lots of stealing. The Angel offense reminded me of the much vaunted football "West Coast Offense", which I believe was made famous by the 49ers. The team does short a quick pass, and gets down the field on extra yardage run after the initial catch. One announcer tonight said, you gotta keep those players moving around the bases in baseball. In football, you've got to keep the bal moving down the field towards the end zone. I guess it's the kind of same thing in baseball. You got keep the players going around the bases to score runs and win games.

The Angels really made the game feel like a team sport, since all the players contributed. I'm not sure what happened to the Giants. I wonder if they got nervous, since it was the first world series in Pac Bell park. When the A's, who beat the Angels, played the Giants, the A's always looked like the stonger team. Does this mean that the American League is a stronger league?

I exercised tonight, which made me feed good since I didn't exercise last night because I was too busy writing. I was bummed too, but the time just got away from me.

I'm going to miss game 4 of the world series because of bible studies, and I am tempted to skip class. I would do it normally, but the pastor gave everyone a lecture last week about coming to class and doing the homework. I don't think even the excuse of a San Francisco world series would be a good excuse to skip, unless I had tickets to the game.

The experts are saying the series will go to game 7. I don't know. Those Angels looked really strong. For the Giants' sake, I'm praying it goes to game 6 or 7. Tonight's loss guarantees that the game go back to Anaheim for the final two games. At least it will be warmer down south than it is here tonight.

No comments: