Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, August 02, 2026

Day 211 Bible Readings for August 1 - Daniel 10:12-13 (NLT)

Daniel 10-12, Psalm 56

Daniel 10:12-13 (NLT)

“Then he said, ‘Don’t be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day you began to pray for understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your request has been heard in heaven. I have come in answer to your prayer. But for twenty-one days the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia blocked my way. Then Michael, one of the archangels, came to help me, and I left him there with the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia.’”

In Daniel 10:12–13, a divine messenger spoke to Daniel and told him that the Lord had heard his prayer from the moment he began to pray. The divine messenger came in answer to Daniel's prayer but was delayed for twenty-one days because of a spiritual conflict in the unseen realm.

These verses remind me that Father-God is attentive to the prayers of His children. The divine messenger told Daniel that his prayer was heard by Father-God as soon as he began to pray. These verses also teach me the importance of perseverance in prayer and of seeking to understand the Lord's will. Daniel continued seeking the Lord until he received an answer. We cannot fully understand why some prayers are delayed in being answered. The divine messenger's account reminds us that there are spiritual realities beyond what we can see that may oppose the Lord's work in our lives and in the world.

These verses teach me to persevere in prayer and not to become discouraged. I can trust that the Lord's purposes will always prevail, even if there are spiritual reasons why the answer to my prayers may be delayed. The Lord is not reluctant to hear or answer our prayers. Father-God always hears our prayers, and His plans and purposes will ultimately prevail.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One who always hears the prayers of His people and whose plans will always prevail—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: