Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, August 17, 2026

Day 225 Bible Readings for August 15 - 1 Chronicles 29:13-14 (NLT)

1 Chronicles 25-29, Psalm 70

1 Chronicles 29:13-14 (NLT)

“O our God, we thank you and praise your glorious name! But who am I, and who are my people, that we could give anything to you? Everything we have has come from you, and we give you only what you first gave us!”

After David and the people gave enormous amounts toward the future Temple, David prayed in 1 Chronicles 29:13–14 that everything they gave to the Lord had originally come from Him. David accumulated abundant resources for the building of the Temple, but he did not regard himself as the source of his wealth. He regarded himself as someone who had been entrusted with resources by Father-God, and now he had an opportunity to use those resources for the Lord's purposes. David recognized that his and the people's offerings were simply returning to the Lord what He had already provided.

David acknowledged the Lord's sovereignty and ownership over all creation. As believers, we are only caretakers of the Lord's gifts and resources. David knew that even his ability to give and be generous was a gift from the Lord. When we give generously, it can become an act of worship through which we honor Father-God and reflect His generosity toward us. David reminds us to have hearts of gratitude for the Lord's provision in our lives.

These verses remind me that everything Father-God has provided in my life ultimately belongs to Him. I am a steward of the money, abilities, opportunities, and resources He has entrusted to me. His provision allows me not only to meet my own needs but also to give willingly when He leads me to support His work and bless others. Recently, when I gave gifts under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, I had an image of a puzzle piece of the Lord's plan snapping into place. I understood that my obedience in giving was contributing to the Lord's plan for my life and His purposes in the world.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One who gives us the ability to give and be generous—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: