Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, August 24, 2026

Day 234 Bible Readings - 2 Chronicles 33:12-13 (NLT)

2 Chronicles 32-34, Psalm 79

2 Chronicles 33:12-13 (NLT)

“But while in deep distress, Manasseh sought the Lord his God and sincerely humbled himself before the God of his ancestors. And when he prayed, the Lord listened to him and was moved by his request. So the Lord brought Manasseh back to Jerusalem and to his kingdom. Then Manasseh finally realized that the Lord alone is God!”

In 2 Chronicles 33:12–13, Manasseh learned about the power of the Lord, the God of his ancestors. Manasseh was one of Judah's worst kings. He worshiped idols, sacrificed his children, practiced sorcery and witchcraft, and led the kingdom away from Father-God. But after Manasseh was taken captive by the Assyrians, he prayed to the Lord and humbled himself. Father-God heard the king's prayer and restored him to Jerusalem. Manasseh repented and experienced for himself the Lord's power and mercy. Afterwards, Manasseh destroyed the idols and promoted the worship of the God of Israel.

These verses show believers that no matter how far they have strayed from the Lord and His commandments, Father-God is ready to hear the prayers of those who sincerely seek Him and repent. Manasseh humbled himself and repented of his sinful behavior. Manasseh had rejected the God of his father Hezekiah, but he prayed to the Lord when he was taken captive. The Lord did not reject Manasseh but showed mercy to the king by restoring him to Jerusalem.

These verses remind me that no one is beyond Father-God's mercy when they genuinely humble themselves, repent, and return to Him. Manasseh had spent years rebelling against the Lord, yet Father-God still heard his prayer. His story teaches me that my past does not prevent me from turning back to God, but genuine repentance should also lead to a change in the direction of my life.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One who is merciful to those who cry out to Him with a repentant heart—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: