Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, August 31, 2026

Day 241 Bible Readings - Matthew 11:25-26 (NLT)

Matthew 11-12, Psalm 86

Matthew 11:25-26 (NLT)

“At that time Jesus prayed this prayer: ‘O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, thank you for hiding these things from those who think themselves wise and clever, and for revealing them to the childlike. Yes, Father, it pleased you to do it this way!’”

In Matthew 11:25–26, after Jesus denounced the cities that did not repent despite the many miracles He performed among them, He prayed to the Lord about what had been revealed and what remained hidden. Jesus praised Father-God for revealing His truth to those who received it with humility. The truth of the Lord was hidden from those Jesus called the “wise and learned” but revealed to “little children.” The contrast is not between intelligence and ignorance, but between self-sufficiency and humble dependence on the Lord. Father-God's truth is revealed to those who are humble, receptive, and willing to trust Him rather than relying solely on their own wisdom.

These verses stood out to me because I never fully understood what it meant to have childlike faith. One Bible commentary I read noted that having childlike faith doesn't mean you are ignorant. It means that, as a believer, you are willing to put your trust in the Lord like a child would instead of relying solely on your own human wisdom and understanding or taking pride in your religious knowledge or position. It means a believer is open, humble, and receptive to the Lord's revelation.

I know for myself that I have always struggled with fully trusting the Lord because my mind would constantly fight against surrendering to Father-God rather than relying on the wisdom and understanding He gave me. I couldn't learn or think my way into the Lord's revelation. I had to surrender and be open to receiving what Father-God wanted to reveal to me so that I could learn to apply it to my own life. Surrender is not an easy process for me, but with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, I am learning to do it daily, bit by bit.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One who calls us to humbly trust Him and receive what Father-God reveals to us—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: