Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, August 30, 2026

Day 240 Bible Readings - Matthew 10:14-15 (NLT)

Matthew 9-10, Psalm 85

Matthew 10:14-15 (NLT)

“If any household or town refuses to welcome you or listen to your message, shake its dust from your feet as you leave. I tell you the truth, the wicked cities of Sodom and Gomorrah will be better off than such a town on the judgment day.”

In Matthew 10:14–15, Jesus gives specific instructions to His disciples when He sends them out to spread His teachings. If they are not welcomed by a household or town and their message is not received, the disciples are to leave and move on. Christ then tells them that there will be severe consequences for rejecting His message, even greater than the judgment on Sodom and Gomorrah.

What I like about these verses is that they remind me that, as a follower of Christ, my responsibility is to faithfully share the message of the Lord. I am not responsible for making another person accept it. The Holy Spirit works in people's hearts and draws them toward Father-God. For a long time, I felt that it was my responsibility not only to share the teachings of the Lord but also to save people. When my attempts at sharing didn't go well or were rejected, I blamed myself for not being good enough or strong enough in my faith in Father-God to save anyone, and I stopped sharing.

It wasn't until I became born again that I came to understand that it is the Holy Spirit who draws a person to the Lord. I can share my faith and testimony, but I also need the guidance of the Holy Spirit to discern when and how to share with others. And if I share in obedience to His guidance and nothing appears to happen, I can still know that I was obedient to what the Lord asked me to do. The response belongs to the person hearing the message; my responsibility is to be faithful in sharing it.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One who teaches us that sharing our faith is part of our obedience to Him—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: