Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, August 10, 2026

Day 218 Bible Readings for August 8 - Nehemiah 11:1-2 (NLT)

Nehemiah 10-11, Psalm 63

Nehemiah 11:1-2 (NLT)

“The leaders of the people were living in Jerusalem, the holy city. A tenth of the people from the other towns of Judah and Benjamin were chosen by sacred lots to live there, too, while the rest stayed where they were. And the people commended everyone who volunteered to resettle in Jerusalem.”

In Nehemiah 11:1–2, the leaders and one-tenth of the people chosen by lot moved to Jerusalem. Those who moved demonstrated their willingness to serve the Lord’s purposes and their commitment to the restoration of worship at the temple. The city was still being rebuilt and faced threats from surrounding enemies, so moving there was an act of faith. The people blessed everyone who willingly offered themselves to live in Jerusalem.

These verses remind me that although the people had finished rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem and had renewed themselves spiritually, the work of restoration was not yet complete. One Bible commentary I read noted that Jerusalem had been largely deserted for more than seventy years. The people who moved there had to endure some measure of hardship and discomfort to accomplish a great work for the Lord’s kingdom. They had to start over, rebuild their homes and businesses, and leave friends and family behind to settle in Jerusalem.

These verses teach me that sometimes doing the work of Father-God requires personal sacrifice. The Lord needs willing people, not just observers, to do the work of His kingdom. I’ve also learned that serving the Lord sometimes means voluntarily accepting inconvenience or sacrifice because something needs to be done. Whenever I serve in church, I remind myself what a privilege it is to serve the Lord and His people. I want to serve Him cheerfully and faithfully, knowing that the Lord sees and values the service we offer to Him.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One who calls His people to serve Him willingly and faithfully—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: