Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Day 236 Bible Readings - Matthew 2:5-6 (NLT)

Matthew 1-2, Psalm 81

Matthew 2:5-6 (NLT)

“‘In Bethlehem in Judea,’ they said, ‘for this is what the prophet wrote: ‘And you, O Bethlehem in the land of Judah, are not least among the ruling cities of Judah, for a ruler will come from you who will be the shepherd for my people Israel.’”

n Matthew 2:5–6, King Herod was told by the chief priests and teachers of the law that the Messiah was to be born in Bethlehem in Judea. Years before the birth of Jesus, the prophet Micah prophesied, “But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel” (Micah 5:2).

These verses show believers that the Lord is faithful and reliable in fulfilling His promises. Father-God promised David that his descendants would rule over the kingdom. Jesus Christ was descended from David and was born in the town associated with David, because David was born there and was later anointed as king by the prophet Samuel.

The Messiah being born in Bethlehem also shows that the Lord often uses the humble and seemingly insignificant to accomplish His purposes. Bethlehem was a small town in Judea and was insignificant compared with the great city of Jerusalem.

When I read these verses, I am reminded that the Lord is faithful to the promises He makes to His people and that Father-God will often use people and places that seem humble and insignificant to accomplish His plans. David was a shepherd who became Israel's greatest king. The Messiah, Jesus Christ, would come from the line of David and be born in the small town that had been David's birthplace. These verses also remind me that I have a role to play in the Lord's plans when I listen to the guidance of the Holy Spirit and faithfully fulfill what Father-God has called me to do.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One who calls each of His believers to participate in His purposes—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: