Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, August 14, 2026

Day 224 Bible Readings - 1 Chronicles 22:7-8 (NLT)

1 Chronicles 22-24, Psalm 69

1 Chronicles 22:7-8 (NLT)

“’My son, I wanted to build a Temple to honor the name of the Lord my God,’ David told him. ‘But the Lord said to me, ‘You have killed many men in the battles you have fought. And since you have shed so much blood in my sight, you will not be the one to build a Temple to honor my name.’”

In 1 Chronicles 22:7–8, David explained to his son Solomon why Solomon had been chosen to build a temple for the Lord. David had desired to build a temple for Father-God, but the Lord had a different plan for his life. David united the kingdom of Israel after Saul and defeated Israel's surrounding enemies. Because of David's efforts, Solomon would rule during a time of peace and have the resources and opportunity to build a temple for Father-God.

The Lord's plan for David was for him to be a warrior king whose role was to secure the kingdom through warfare. Father-God's plan for Solomon was for him to build the temple. David's accomplishments helped ensure that Solomon would rule during a time of peace and have the resources and focus needed to build the temple. David accepted the Lord's decision that his son would be the one to build it and demonstrated his obedience by preparing the land and resources Solomon needed to complete the task.

These verses remind me that I need to examine my desires and make sure they align with the Lord's plan for my life. I might have good intentions to do something, but Father-God might have a different plan for me. David's actions also show me that I need to be willing to submit to the Lord's will, even when it contradicts my personal desires. When I align myself with the Lord's plan for my life, I demonstrate how much I love Him and trust in His sovereignty.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One who has a plan for everyone's life—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: