Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Day 221 Bible Readings - 1 Chronicles 5:18-20 (NLT)

1 Chronicles 10-14, Psalm 66

1 Chronicles 14:14-16 (NLT)

“And once again David asked God what to do. ‘Do not attack them straight on,’ God replied. ‘Instead, circle around behind and attack them near the poplar trees. When you hear a sound like marching feet in the tops of the poplar trees, go out and attack! That will be the signal that God is moving ahead of you to strike down the Philistine army.’ So David did what God commanded, and they struck down the Philistine army all the way from Gibeon to Gezer.”

In 1 Chronicles 14:14–16, the Philistines returned and raided the valley again, so David asked the Lord for guidance. Father-God gave David a different and specific strategy for victory than He had given him the first time the Philistines attacked. The Lord told David to wait for a specific sign before advancing. David obeyed Father-God's instructions and was successful in defeating the Philistines.

In the first battle with the Philistines, David asked the Lord for guidance, and Father-God told him He would hand the Philistines over to him. After the battle, David said, "He used me to burst through my enemies like a raging flood!" The second time, the Lord instructed David to wait for Him to move against the Philistine camp first and to listen for the sound of marching before attacking. David obeyed the Lord's instructions, and the Philistines were defeated.

These verses remind me that I shouldn't assume that because Father-God guided me in a particular way in the past, He will always guide me in exactly the same way. I need to continue seeking the Lord's guidance even when I think I already know what to do. The enemy might be the same, but not every battle is the same. The Lord may have specific instructions for me to follow that may not make sense in the natural, but obedience requires me to be willing to follow Father-God's commands so that I remain aligned with His plans and purposes.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One who is sovereign over every circumstance—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: