Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Day 228 Bible Readings - 2 Chronicles 12:13-14 (NLT)

2 Chronicles 9-12, Psalm 73

2 Chronicles 12:13-14 (NLT)

“King Rehoboam firmly established himself in Jerusalem and continued to rule. He was forty-one years old when he became king, and he reigned seventeen years in Jerusalem, the city the Lord had chosen from among all the tribes of Israel as the place to honor his name. Rehoboam’s mother was Naamah, a woman from Ammon. But he was an evil king, for he did not seek the Lord with all his heart.”

In 2 Chronicles 12:13–14, the Chronicler summarizes Rehoboam's reign. King Rehoboam strengthened himself in Jerusalem and reigned for seventeen years. But Rehoboam did not seek the Lord, and his reign was marked by evil. His reign saw the division of the kingdom of Israel and Judah's descent into idolatry and moral corruption. But the Lord showed His mercy and remembered His promise to David, and Rehoboam continued to rule. He survived the threat from King Shishak of Egypt and reigned until his death.

Rehoboam did not deliberately or intentionally seek the Lord's guidance or order his reign according to the laws of Father-God. His reign shows what can happen when we neglect to seek the Lord's guidance, as the kingdom experienced spiritual and moral decline. Rehoboam did not have the same relationship with the Lord that his father Solomon had earlier in his reign, and he did not prepare his heart to seek the Lord.

These verses remind me that I need to intentionally prepare my heart to seek Father-God. My relationship with the Lord requires daily attention through reading His Word, prayer, praise, and listening for the guidance of the Holy Spirit. If I neglect these practices, I can gradually drift away from the Lord without realizing it. Spiritual renewal isn't something we experience once and then possess permanently without tending it. It requires a continued, intentional relationship with God.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One who shows mercy and is faithful to His promises even when we fail Him—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: