Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, August 05, 2026

Day 215 Bible Readings - Nehemiah 4:8-9 (NLT)

Nehemiah 1-4, Psalm 60

Nehemiah 4:8-9 (NLT)

“They all made plans to come and fight against Jerusalem and throw us into confusion. But we prayed to our God and guarded the city day and night to protect ourselves.”

In Nehemiah 4:8–9, the people of Jerusalem faced opposition while rebuilding the city's walls under Nehemiah's leadership. Their enemies sought to stop the rebuilding of the walls, which were important for the protection and stability of Jerusalem. The restoration of the walls and the city symbolized the reestablishment of Jewish identity and worship. Nehemiah's response to the opposition was to lead the people in prayer and to take practical action by posting guards day and night for protection.

One Bible commentary I read noted that opposition often creates confusion and discouragement among God's people, distracting them from the work He has called them to do. As a result, they may become discouraged and stop moving forward in the work the Lord has called them to do.

These verses remind me that when I face opposition, I need to follow Nehemiah's example by praying to the Lord. Nehemiah also combined prayer with practical action by posting guards to protect the people. I need to put my faith into practice by taking action that reflects my trust in the Lord. While Father-God is sovereign, I also have a responsibility to faithfully do my part in carrying out His plans. Prayer does not replace faithful action; rather, prayer and action work together as we serve the Lord.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One to whom we can pray in times of trouble while faithfully acting in obedience—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: