Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, August 02, 2026

Day 212 Bible Readings - Ezra 1:5-6 (NLT)

Ezra 1-3, Psalm 57

Ezra 1:5-6 (NLT)

“Then God stirred the hearts of the priests and Levites and the leaders of the tribes of Judah and Benjamin to go to Jerusalem to rebuild the Temple of the Lord. And all their neighbors assisted by giving them articles of silver and gold, supplies for the journey, and livestock. They gave them many valuable gifts in addition to all the voluntary offerings.”

In Ezra 1:5-6, the Lord moved the returning exiles to Jerusalem to rebuild the house of the Lord in the ruined city. Father-God also stirred the hearts of their neighbors to assist the people of Israel by giving them wealth and resources to rebuild the temple.

One Bible commentary I read noted that the return to Jerusalem and the rebuilding of the temple in Jerusalem were a fulfillment of Father-God's promises. Father-God promised to bring His people back after seventy years of exile in Jeremiah 29:10. The Lord started the rebuilding by inspiring those returning from exile to rebuild His house. Father-God also promised to move other people to assist with the rebuilding of the temple and supplies for their journey back to Jerusalem. The people gave them their valuables or the wealth of the nations which Isaiah wrote about in Isaiah 60:5-7.

These verses remind me that Lord is always faithful to Hs promises. Father-God stirred the hearts of the people returning from exile and their neighbors to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem. When the people’s hearts were stirred, they stepped out in faith and trusted in the Lord’s provision and guidance and returned to Jerusalem. I am reminded that when the Lord stirs me to action; I need to act with faith and trust that He will also send provision to accomplish His will and plans for the world.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One who is faithful to His promises and plans no matter how long it takes—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: