Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Day 235 Bible Readings - 2 Chronicles 36:20-21 (NLT)

2 Chronicles 35-36, Psalm 80

2 Chronicles 36:20-21 (NLT)

“The few who survived were taken as exiles to Babylon, and they became servants to the king and his sons until the kingdom of Persia came to power. So the message of the Lord spoken through Jeremiah was fulfilled. The land finally enjoyed its Sabbath rest, lying desolate until the seventy years were fulfilled, just as the prophet had said.”

In 2 Chronicles 36:20–22, the Chronicler tells us that Jeremiah's prophecy came true. Jeremiah prophesied that Judah would serve the kingdom of Babylon for seventy years and that the Lord would bring His people home after their exile. Babylon conquered Jerusalem, looted the Temple, and took the people who survived into exile, where they became servants. When Cyrus became king of Persia, the Lord moved his heart to allow the exiled people of Judah to return to Jerusalem.

These verses remind believers that the Lord is faithful to the promises delivered through His prophets. Everything the prophet Jeremiah warned about came true, including the consequences for disobedience outlined in Deuteronomy 28. Judah turned away from Father-God, and the people experienced the consequences of their actions. But Father-God also promised restoration to His people and preserved a remnant during their exile in Babylon.

When I read these verses, I can see the Lord's plan at work. Father-God gave His people promises and warned them what would happen if they turned away from Him and disobeyed His laws. But the Lord also promised that He would remain faithful to His covenant and restore His people. As a believer in Jesus Christ, I have been brought into the family of faith and can trust in the same unchanging character of Father-God: He is faithful to His promises, merciful toward those who repent, and offers restoration to those who turn back to Him.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One through whom we receive the blessings of salvation, forgiveness, and restoration—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: