Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Day 229 Bible Readings - 2 Chronicles 16:8-9 (NLT)

2 Chronicles 13-17, Psalm 74

2 Chronicles 16:8-9 (NLT)

“Don’t you remember what happened to the Ethiopians and Libyans and their vast army, with all of their chariots and charioteers? At that time you relied on the Lord, and he handed them over to you. The eyes of the Lord search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. What a fool you have been! From now on you will be at war.”

The prophet Hanani came to King Asa and told him in 2 Chronicles 16:8–9 what would happen because he had relied on the king of Aram instead of the Lord for help when King Baasha threatened Judah. When Asa had earlier faced the Ethiopian army, he cried out to Father-God in trust, and the Lord gave him victory. Hanani told Asa that because he had relied on a worldly alliance instead of the Lord, he had missed an opportunity to defeat the army of the king of Aram and would face wars from that time forward.

If Asa had relied on the Lord for guidance in dealing with King Baasha's threat against Judah, he would have had the opportunity to defeat the army of the king of Aram. Asa's decision to rely on a worldly alliance caused him to miss Father-God's greater plan for him and meant that he would experience future conflict. Asa's past faith in the Lord did not guarantee his future faithfulness or obedience. His story reminds believers that we need to continue depending on the Lord even after experiencing success and gaining wisdom and experience. Hanani tells us that Father-God searches throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him.

These verses remind me that I cannot rely on yesterday's faith for today's challenges. Even when Father-God has shown His faithfulness to me in the past, I still need to seek Him and trust Him when I face new circumstances. Past spiritual victories do not eliminate my need for daily dependence on the Lord.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One who strengthens those who are fully committed to Him—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: