Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, May 15, 2003

After spending an hour on the phone with MacAfee tech support, I finally uninstalled my software firewall. I thought I had my DSL problem fixed, but it still wasn't connecting. I ended up calling the tech support for home DSL modem, and Ihad to reinstall my TCP/IP, because guess what, MacAfee had messed it up.

So now I have DSL baby, baby DSL. Honestly, I don't notice that much of a difference right now, except pages do load faster. I'll have to try and download some songs to see if DSL really makes a difference.

I wonder if dare try and hook up my work computer tonight or wait for tomorrow. I'm exhausted! I bought an ethernet hub switch to cable my work computer. My DSL modem, much to my surprise, accepts wireless transmission, but I don't have a wireless card for my work laptop. Until I get one, I'll have to just deal with cable. I bought a 50 ft cat 5 cable to connect myself. When I finish working, I'll just disconnect the cable, like how I disconnect my work phone.

It is kind of cool to be online and be able to answer the phone at the same time. That's a new thing.

No comments: