Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, May 05, 2003

My new phone lines are installed, and I have my work computer set up. I'm using my work computer to blog because my home computer isn't set up yet. That's tomorrow's project.

I think I will have to buy a new desk. I was going to buy one anyway, but thought I could just use my old desk from years ago. Wrong idea! There's just not enough room on the desk for a keyboard and a monitor. The monitor is so close to my face. Now if I had a flat screen monitor it would work, but I doubt my company is going to buy me one now.

I'm glad I waited though to buy a new desk. I decided to move my work desk into the dining area. It's small and dark I just don't think I would ever eat in there. A friend has a window in her condo with a view, and she put her dining table right in front of the window. I don't think I'll do that, but I have enough room in my living room to put a dining table in the back. That way I could eat and still enjoy my ocean view. I will buy a screen, and hide my working area so I won't have to look at while I'm not working.

It will just working my office or in a cube. I will have a small quiet space, where I'll work on computer and listen to talk radio all day.

Thank you to all who commented on my strange old neighbour guy next door. I needed a reality check on his behaviour and I think I got one. I haven't seen him since Saturday, but I've been pretty busy. I don't think I have anything to worry about, but I know I need to be careful and that is all I want to say about it right now.

It will be my first full day at work tomorrow from home. I have a couple of things due so my week will be busy. I'm nervous about it, but excited as well. This is a new challenge for me, and I like overcoming challenges. Now if I can just figure out how to make the dsl work for my new desk location, then I'll be really happy.

No comments: