Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, May 07, 2003

My new desk came, and I spent all afternoon setting it up. It works much better than my old desk. I set up my printer/fax combo machine, but I think receiving a fax is going to be a problem. If I pick up the phone and hear fax tones, I'll just hang up and I won't answer the phone when it rings again because that means it will be a fax. It's a crude method but I think it will work.

My bosses are trying to keep me busy, and I've already been invited to a meeting in our Sacramento office, where everyone else in my office relocated.

I should have had the phone guy install my wall jack closer to my desk. I've got phone cables running along side one wall. I guess that's okay, because I unplug everything at 5 pm, so it's not like you'll see it. When my DSL modem shows up, I'll probably end up just running the cable from my home computer down the hall to my work computer, and then at night disconnect everything. I was going to buy something called an HPNA adapter, where you use your existing phone line and it acts like a LAN line. It's another $50 I would have to spend and I'll probably end up buying it, but I think I'll try the cable method first. I'm the only one at home anyway, so it's not like anyone else is going to trip over the fire.

I don't want to get into the habit of using the work computer for anything other than work, so I'm trying to make it hard for myself to keep it on.

I'm exhausted and I have bible class tonight. I was going to move more stuff and just fill up my car, and park it in the church parking garage, but I've got my tree to move and I don't want the tree to sit in the car for three hours. I might go after work, but it will be after 9:30 pm when I get home and I don't think the neighbours in either buidling will appreciate me moving stuff that late.

I can't wait till I get my home computer set up, and all my furniture arrives on Friday. It will be more unpacking but at least all my stuff will finally be here and I can finally put things away.

No comments: