Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, May 02, 2003

Wow, I hate packing. There's just so much of it to do. I have so much stuff, it's just unbelievable how much I've accumulated over the years. I visited my neighbour next door in my old place, and I finally got to see his apartment. His apartment is so sparse compared to mine, and it looks so roomy because he hardly has anything. I was standing there and marveling at how he could live with so few things. I don't think I could do it. I like to have things around me, my clothes, my books, the things I buy when travelling, my shoes, and my jewelry.

But maybe I don't need that many things because when you have to pack it all up and move it, it's a pain, a big giant pain in the wazoo.

And it's bloody bleeding raining outside today, when I was supposed to move enough stuff to spend my first night in new place. I need to make two trips tonight to take my twin size futon bed, my bedding, and my clothes. Then I'd like to make another trip to empty the fridge and freezer, and take the coffeemaker, the coffee grinder, the blender and enough breakfast things for tomorrow.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow as well, and that was going to be another big move day. I'll probably spend all day Sunday making trips back and forth. What a pain! All my friends are out of town or too busy to help, so it's just little old me. I'd like to ask rock star drummer guy to help, but he was in a really bad car accident a couple of years ago and he has the most awful back problems.

There's no much left to move except my clothes, the stuff in the fridge and freezer, the rest of my food, my shoes and my plants. I'm going to have let the movers move the rest, and just pray I don't suddenly need anything I've packed away in a box. If I do, then well, I'm just going to go out and buy it again because I'm certainly not going to open my packed boxes.

No comments: