Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, May 28, 2003

"The moment has arrived to divide this tract of land between us and the Palestinians."
- ARIEL SHARON, Israeli Prime Minister.

The problem I fear with creating a separate Palestinian state is where will the Palestinians go for work. Right now, they all head into Israel. Once you separate the two, will there be any companies willing to invest in industries, business or open branch offices in Palestine? I highly doubt a multinational company would be willing to put its workers at risk, when it's clear that the Palestinian government cannot control Hamas or any of their other radical islamist groups in their country.

What I think will happen is Israel will create a wall, echoes of communist Berlin and the Warsaw ghetto cannot help but flit through my mind, around themselves to separate themselves from the Palestinians. Some strategists have called the separation of Israel and Palestine, the makings for an apartheid state in Israel. Separate but equal has never worked in the past, unless both sides have equal economic resources.

Will a separate Palestinian state stop the terrorism against the Israelis? For awhile, I believe the answer is yes, but unless there is a long term plan to make the state of Palestine economically viable then the terrorism will start again.

The next question is, in what state will the Holy Sites be located? My uncle used to always tell me that the war in the middle east was always about who controlled the Holy Sites. The Holy Sites generate a ton of revenue for whoever has them.

No comments: