Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, May 08, 2003

I think I reinjured my right shoulder again from moving all my boxes. It really, really hurts, especially when I use my mouse. The desk I bought has a tray for your keyboard, but it's too low and it was making my shoulder hurt, so I'm using the desk part for my keyboard and mouse. I'll use the keyboard tray to write.

I didn't even think of the keyboard tray height when I bought the desk. The desk is great, except for that one problem. Honestly, I dont' know if my shoulder hurts because the keyboard tray is too low or if it hurts because I strained it from all the moving. I'll have to experiment I guess in a couple of weeks. It's kind of a pain not to use the keyboard tray, but if I have to use the desk part I will.

The keyboard tray is so low, I end up sitting low and looking up at my computer screen. I don't think ergonomically you're supposed to be doing that. I thought the computer screen was supposed to be at eye level. I'm sure I'll figure it out.

This is the first night I'm not moving and it feels nice, although I wish my things were here. I sent my first fax this morning. The copier/fax machine printer, an HP 6110, my company bought me is a pretty nice machine. I have winfax pro on my home computer, so if I have to fax something I scan it first and then I transmit.

I found the video store today. I was going to freak out if I couldn't find a video store, but there's a Blockbuster within walking distance. I also found a place that sell fresh fish and a kosher meat shop. How cool is that? The hardward store isn't as big as the one in my old neighbourhood, but there are a ton of places to eat and almost as good as NYC pizza place. I didn't see a burrito place, but there is a ton of japanese, vietnamese, thai and chinese food restaurants.

The only junk food eatery is a KFC/Taco Bell, which is where I picked up lunch today. I'm eating horribly and not counting calories, but I'm not gaining weight. All my old junk food habits are in full force, but I'm probably not gaining any weight because of the stress of moving and all the exercise I get from moving boxes up and down stairs.

Next week I've got to start eating better, or I think I will start gaining weight. I must admit though, I just love not caring what I eat and eating any kind of junk food imaginable. It reminds me of being a high school girl, a time when I could eat anything and not gain weight. Those days are definitely long gone.

I've even started eating Brown & Haley almond roca, which I used to eat non stop in my youth. It's such a comfort food, and it brings back such good memories because my mom always kept a can in the house. I'm craving it even now, and I've already eaten two packages of the stuff.

It's scary how I can so easily slip into my junk habit eating ways without a second thought.

No comments: