Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, November 16, 2003

I am the laziest person I know. I didn't write on Friday or Saturday, and today is my chance to get caught up on my novel and I don't want to do it.

I wrote enough tonight to cover Friday's word count, and I know if I just keep writing till I get sleep I'll be all caught for Sunday's word count. The problem is I just don't want to do it.

I don't know why either. It's not like I don't know what I'm going to write about because I do. And it's not like I'm having trouble writing either, because getting the word count for Friday earlier this evening was easy.

I just have such a desire to not write. It's crazy too, because I was just telling myself this morning that I've achieved my goal of being a writer, if a writer is someone who writes almost every day and produces stories. I've done that.

Now my new goal is to be a paid writer, which is a whole new way of writing and a whole new process. My goal has always been to be a paid writer, but being paid for writing is an entirely different proposition than being just a "writer" I've decided. I needed to become a writer first, before I could tackle being a "paid writer".

My new writing book gave me the inspiration. The book plainly and simply states that you cannot call yourself a writer, unless you write and produce product. It doesn't give define the quality of the product you produce, because that's not the point if you're a writer. A writer is simply a person who writes regularly everyday.

No comments: