Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, November 26, 2003

I found this SFGate web page about my new hood, The Sunset and West Portal. I used to live a few blocks from West Portal at one point in my life, so it's kind of fun to read what the web page has to say.

There's an incredibly expensive neighbourhood above West Portal, called St. Francis Wood. The hood has fountains, a roundabout, and huge houses on big plots (mansions), with expensive cars like hummers and rolls on every block. West Portal has 4 banks, its own satellite Charles Schwab office, antique stores, and a few investment bank offices.

A friend who grew up here told me West Portal is where the rich people go to live, when they've gotten tired of living on Nob Hill or in Cow Hollow. And if they really get tired of the city, they move to Hillsborough in Burlingame and buy a condo on Nob Hill for when they want to party in the city.

No comments: