Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, November 23, 2003

I just checked the Nanowrimo site, it's only November 23 but already there are 9 pages of people done with their 50k novel. Unbelievable! I thought the point was to get in the habit of writing a certain amount of words every day, and not speed to the finish. Whatever.

This year my novel writing is going very slowly, but I'm determined to finish. I have all of Thanksgiving weekend to get cranking.

Next month, I was hoping to bring all this Nanowrimo energy into finishing my second draft screenplay, and starting the outline and rewrite of the third and final version.

I want to finish the second draft version just to finish it, and I'll probably register it with the Writer's Guild to see what that process is like. The third and final version will be sent off to that UCLA screenwriting professor review, and then I'll register this version of the screenplay with the Writer's Guild as well.

Then sometime in January or February at the latest, I'll start editing the Nanowrimo novel and rewriting it and then comes the fun job of trying to sell it. I'm scheduling myself to take a bunch of seminars on selling your writing next year.

No comments: