Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, November 09, 2003

I worked out for an hour at the gym this afternoon on the elliptical trainer, and for forty minutes on Saturday. I'm trying to exercise more, because the weight is not coming off despite the fact that I'm eating very little. My jeans are also getting really tight, and it's freaking me out.

When I was working in an office, I walked on my breaks and ended up doing 4-5 miles a day. I don't walk as much now that I work from home, and it's really making a difference in my ability to lose and maintain my weight.

I can't wear tight jeans anymore, not after all these months of them being nice and loose.

I'm trying to do the Oprah/Bob Greene way of exercising. Greene wrote that the only way to lose weight was to exercise at your correct training rate. The gym machines are good for keeping track of my heart rate, since my dinky heart rate monitor is a joke.

I try to exercise with my heart rate at 126-143 beats, which is 70% of 80% of my training rate something that Greene recommends. My gym shirt was soaked today, and the machine said I spent 52 minutes in the 70% to 80% zone. Greene also says that if you're not sweating, you're not working.

I'd like to work up to start running again, but even on the treadmill, running is really hard on my knees. The elliptical trainer is supposed to simulate running, without all the pounding and stress on your legs and feet, so it's what I'll use for now.

No comments: