Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, November 03, 2003

Stephen J Cannell said in his writing lecture that if what you conceive in your head doesn't match what you've written down, then it's just a matter of improving your writing skill and craft. I've been thinking about what I've been writing these past two days, and I can see that my writing skills are improving. Maybe not by much, but they're definitely getting better.

What I'm coming up with in my head is kinda sorta starting to look like what I'm writing. It's definitely not 100% there, but it's so much closer than it's ever been.

Maybe it is true what all the books and writers have been saying. To write well you have to write a tremendous amount, more than you thought you'd ever want to.

No comments: