Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, November 23, 2003

It's interesting that it's the 40th anniversary of the assasination of JFK, and how the Kennedy Museum in Dallas is in my novel, as well as Dealey Plaza.

My characters will have a "date" at the Kennedy Museum, and my female character goes and sits in the Dealey Plaza every morning to contemplate Kennedy and his assasination. Her parents were big Kennedy fans, and she grew with her parents' obsession.

I visited there in spring 2000, while I was in Dallas for a Gartner Group conference. I went to the Kennedy Museum, which was within walking distance of the Hilton at Reunion Tower where I was staying.

There's a room in the museum where you can watch the Kennedy funeral procession, and while I was in there watching it some women starting crying very loudly. She didn't look old enough to have even been alive during the assasination, but she was obviously very moved by watching the funeral procession.

I've always wanted to write the weeping woman at the Kennedy Museum into a story, and now I've got a perfect opportunity. It was so weird to me that in the year 2000, some woman who wasn't even born when Kennedy was shot, would be mourning his death.

Someday I may even write a story where a female character find herself weeping so noisily at the 6th Floor Museum and Dealey Plaza. There's got to be some kind on interesting story leading up to that moment.

And now I'm thinking, my nanowrimo novel character could be the weeping woman at the Kennedy Musuem. What a perfect place to ball your eyes out over a failed love affaire. Isn't losing love like death after all, and if you were watching a funeral procession, it would like watching the funeral procession for your love.

And I did go there on a Friday morning before my flight back to San Francisco. Wow, then I could write myself in as a bystander into my own novel. I could describe myself as a background character. What a riot!

No comments: