Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, November 04, 2003

I used to hear on the news stories about people who never received their absentee ballot, and had to vote on a provisional ballot. It used to make me wonder what was up with these people, like did they lose their ballot or accidentally throw them out.

Well, now it's happened to me. I went to the polling place, and they told me that I was supposed to have voted by absentee ballot. I was so shocked because I never got one in the mail. I tried to explain my situation to the polling people, and after much discussion they let me vote by provisional ballot.

While I was waiting for my ballot, one of the workers said I was the 5th person today that didn't receive their absentee ballot. When I heard that I didn't feel so bad, but they told me to make sure to call the Department of Elections to make sure.

When I talked to the Department of Elections, they said they had sent one to me on October 6 and that my ballot probably got lost in the mail. I told the person I received my absentee ballot for the Recall election, and I wanted to make sure I received an absentee ballot in case there's a run-off election in December.

I was assured that they had my correct address, and if there is a run-off election I would get an absentee ballot. I hope they're right. I totally flustered the poor polling people.

But I wasn't the only one. As I was leaving, some woman was in there wanting to vote but forgot to reregister when she moved. They told her she couldn't vote, and she was making a big fuss. Poor polling people. I'm sure it's going to be a fun day for them.

No comments: