Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, November 19, 2003

YEAH! Now I'm all caught up with my novel again. I was two days behind and now I'm current for tonight's headcount.

It took four hours of writing to produce 5,000 plus words or about 9.5 pages of single spaced typed text.

Oy! I'm exhausted. I could keep writing more, but I know I should stop. I've heard writers say that you should make yourself stop writing when you're reached your goal, even if you want to keep writing. If you stop yourself from over writing, then you will give yourself enthusiasm and incentive for writing the next day.

Writing is such a slog. Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't find some other way of expressing myself, that's not so labor intensive and single minded.

To write, I guess if you write at home, is to sit in front of your computer all night staring at your screen. I guess I could write at a coffeehouse with other people. Many of the Nano people do that just so they don't have to write alone night after night. But I can't do it that way. I've tried it. It just doesn't work very well.

I do my best writing at home by myself with my stereo blasting music. Sometimes I can write in public, but it's hard. Although now that I think about it, I'm wondering which is harder. Writing by yourself or writing with others. It's all hard! Doesn't matter which really.

The only good thing about being at home and writing is you can at least suffer in private. That's about it.

No comments: