Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, January 19, 2004

After the art exposition, I decided to walk from the Marina to the gym on Van Ness along Polk Street. The walk was nice, and I even found a new wine merchant and bought some very expensive sauvignon blanc.

When I got to the gym, I was feeling tired again so I decided to just bike for an hour. I ended up watching some stupid show on gym TV called Mutant X. I couldn't hear anything, but I watched it anyway. It looked like such a cheesey rip off of the XMen movie and comic book series, but I couldn't stop myself from watching it.

The actors were good looking and had powers but even without sound, I could tell that their acting was really, really bad. And it wasn't just bad acting, but the plot of the episode was awful as well. The writer made the Mutant X people come off like brainless pretty dummies with powers. It took them a whole hour to figure who the bad guy was, and they didn't even kill him at the end.

At several points in the plot, I wanted to yell at TV and shout "do a search on your computer for crying out loud!" Those characters were just so, so dumb. They were all stereoptypical dumb blondes, but with super human powers. How scary is that?

Still I had to watch it so I could see how the dummy Mutant X people would figure it all out and live, because it's a TV show and characters don't die. But for awhile I was rooting for the bad guy to just kill them and let Darwin's Law take over. Of course, no death for the dummy Mutant X people and they live to torture more people working out next Saturday.

Here's the episode I watched, No Exit.

No comments: