Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, January 01, 2004

Happy New Year everyone!

I had a grandma haunting this morning. When I finally got up and walked into the kitchen to make coffee, my kitchen smelled like my grandma's kitchen.

Talk about freaking out! I had to close my eyes and reopen them because I'd only ever smelled that combination of smells at home on Kauai. My kitchen didn't smell like that last night. It was so spooky! Even the cabinets smelled like her kitchen.

Why was grandma's spirit in my kitchen? How scary! I made coffee, cooked breakfast and then left. In the afternoon when I went back in, the smell was gone. Creepy, creepy!

It was raining so hard last night, I dreamt I was driving in a car on Kauai and one of the rivers had flooded and I couldn't get across.

In the 18 years I lived there, flooding happened twice but only after four to five solid days of non-stop monsoon rain. We were lucky as our house never got flooded out, but it happened to some of our neighbours.

No comments: